Monday, March 30, 2009

I shoulda been a librarian

We accidentally scheduled our cruise during spring break. Turns out, I'm not really a "party" girl. I spent a lot of time trying to avoid areas of the ship that smelled like liquor.



This was some of the milder nudity...


Aren't we a cute couple? We celebrated our 9th anniversary on this trip. Love ya babe. (we should have just skipped year seven)It was mostly cold, no laying out on the deck for me. In this picture I'm wearing pants, a hoodie, drinking hot and still freezing.


We hadn't really planned on going to formal dining night, but we were there with all Blaine's family and changed our mind at the last minute. We had to improve on the formal. We looked ridiculous, but had fun. Our cruise went to Ensanada, here is a obligatory group pic in Mexico.

Despite it being a little cold and little too partyish for this old prude, we had a great time. It was so nice to have no schedule and sleep whenever I wanted to. Those interior staterooms are nice and dark any time of day.

Oh, and then I got layed off.

While I was gone, they decided to close the dealership I work at. The most awesome part was they didn't even call me. My sister did. She is married to our cashiers brother, that's how she knew, then an hour later my mom called and told me. She received a letter in the mail notifying her because she is a local Saturn owner. Nice huh, hearing it twice from other people before my own boss tells me. I was only gone for three days before everyone but me knew.

So here's to laying around at Seven Peaks Water park with the kids all summer.

10 comments:

Christa said...

I'm sorry about your job. I hope (that is if you want to) that you find another one very quickly.

Kristina P. said...

I literally had to read the part about your job, twice. WTF!?!?! I'm so sorry.

But it looks like a great cruise!!

Michelle said...

have to love the auto industry right now.

love it that everyone but you knew ... i have a sneaking suspicion that if that were to happen to us, i would be the last to know, as i am usually the last to know anything around here.

i envy you for getting to lay around all summer though! oh! and for getting to go on a cruise.

p.s. thanks for your sweet comments :)

Unknown said...

SO which is worse....a cold cruise or losing a job, because they both pretty much SUCK! I am sorry! I hope all the yummy food memories (and naps on the boat) bring you comfort, and I hope your next job kicks a. That would be nice!

Ryan.Robyn said...

PS- I knew on friday.. i just didn't call you til sunday.. i didn't want you to stress on your cruise :) and i think it is a blessing you get to hang out at 7 peaks all day!

Anonymous said...

So, I'm like soooo jealous that you went on the cruise. I don't think I'll ever get Duke on a cruise. I'm triple jealous about 7 peaks. Our waterpark is so bad, it makes your pool, in Houston, look like Disneyland.

Sorry to hear about your job, that sucks. Everyone at my company took a 5% pay cut. Super sucky because now I'm working 10x harder for a job that I get paid 5% less. I'd like to stay at home again... sigh!

Hey does this mean we'll see more blog posts?

Lisa said...

TJ-Congrats on your anniversary...looks like you had a fun trip.

I'm not sure how I should feel about your job....part of me feels really bad for you and the other part thinks you might have more fun without it. =) I hope you find another job quickly if you are looking for one.

mama donk aubri jo said...

i heard about mr nasty on your cruise and the full frontal, i am glad you only shared the mild nudity :) sorry about your job and the way you found out, wow! sucks!

Christine Peterson said...

hello cruise? Man Bruce and I soooo want to go on one. Anyway what the heck! about your job?!!Dang do you get unemployment benefits from the govt then? we do here...I don't know about in the US. I hope so. Anyway see you soon

amber belmonte said...

happy that you get to relax this summer.. but so sorry about your job! that's ridiculous that they didn't even call to tell you!

Heck is for people that don't believe in gosh