Monday, June 16, 2008

Enchanted




This is where Roxy goes to pre-school.
I don't even know where to begin to explain my feelings about it.
Her teacher, Miss Teri, is the most amazing teacher I can imagine. She would be a great teacher for anyone, but she is a perfect match for Roxy. Perfect. She teaches using a montessori style, the kids do so much hands on. A couple of weeks ago the kids sewed little pillows. Sewed! I would have never thought of teaching 4 & 5 year olds to use a needle and thread. But why not, they can do it. She instills so much self confidence in the children. She trusts them to be able to do things that are incredible, so they do, and they learn to believe in themselves along the way. And the patience that goes into that, she should get some award from Oprah or something. I will always, always love what she has done for Roxy, and I will always hold Teri in the highest regards.

Ok, so on to the pictures. I rarely take Roxy to preschool because I am at work. I think the last time I went there it was snowy, so on Thurs. when I saw her yard converted into a classroom I nearly died. I was so jealous of those kids who get to spend hours each day there. When I was a child I dreamed of spaces exactly like that. A place to dream, to read, to dream some more, to do crafts, to just be you and thats it. It is truly straight out of my childhood fantasies.


They love climbing this tree.

6 comments:

Shot by blaine said...

you always get your $'s worth out of words. I would have loved seeing thoes pics anyway, but putting your words to them made it real for me. I was able to be a part of the moment & your childhood. Thanks. I love you.
Blaine

Anonymous said...

Wow that's pretty cool. It's funny I was justing going to complain about what I pay for preschool (see my blog). I envy roxy, and my boys do to. It's pretty cool.

The Morty's said...

That place looks awesome! It is so nice also when you love the person they go to. I am glad Roxy has met her perfect match to start her schooling, it really builds the foundation.

Christine Peterson said...

oh my flip that is a cool preschool that teacher really does love her job and her kids. Roxy is lucky! She also learned how to sew, crap I wish i would've been there!

Annie said...

Would it be okay if I just hung out with Roxy and Ms. Teri at Preschool everyday instead of living my lame adult life?

Anonymous said...

Just a quick question... a friend of mine (Stacy Yarrington) directed me to this blog and mentioned that this fabulous Ms. Teri teaches in Springville, UT? We just moved to Springville and I'm looking for a preschool for my daughter next year. Can you get me her contact information? It looks like a paradise.

Heck is for people that don't believe in gosh