Thursday, August 7, 2008

Awe, Respect, and Lots of Questions

So I was watching something like Discovery Channel and saw a documentary on these conjoined twins Abby and Brittany. It was the most fascinating thing I've ever seen. They are amazing, each of them control one side of the body and they can work together in a way that would make any ant colony proud. I have so much respect for them, nothing stops them, they play sports, type- each of them controlling a hand, and even drive.




This is how they share the body.


Of course there is the questions like do they both have the urge to go potty, what if one wants to run, sleep, do whatever and the other doesn't.

And then there is more personal questions like what if one falls in love, what if they both do but with different people? Abby and Brittany think they might like to have kids and the organs seem to be in place for that. Say they both marry different guys, I mean they have different spirits/souls so shouldn't there be two guys? And one hubby gets them preggers, is only that girl the mom, or are they both the mom? Aaaaah, you could go on forever.
I don't know, it boggles my mind that Heavenly Father even allows this type of body to happen.

But let me be clear, I think these girls are absolutely amazing. I (for once) am not trying to mock anything about this situation, it's just fascinating on so many levels.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I always feel so crappy about myself after seeing something like this, because these girls look so happy and they probably never complain about their lives.

And yet, I complain about things that are so miniscule in comparison, daily.

Ryan.Robyn said...

How old are they? I've seen specials on conjoined twins but they rarely let them stay conjoined. I guess in this case it would mean one of them dying, but that is often the case. I bet they have a solution about boys-they would have had to think about that to think they want to have kids right? hmm..it is crazy to think about

Holdinator said...

That really is amazing.

The Morty's said...

That is amazing. But I wonder the same things you do.... and as well as, what would you do if you got annoyed with each other...?

Lorrie Veasey said...

My gosh. Puts the fact that my two kids can't be together IN THE SAME HOUSE sometimes without trying to kill each other into total perspective.

ALF said...

AAAHHH!!! Conjoined twins totally freak me out.

Funny Farmer said...

whoa. words fail me.

Anonymous said...

Conjoined twins, there was an independent film called Twin Falls, ID about conjoined twins, very interesting, and depressing.

Holdinator SR.

Heck is for people that don't believe in gosh