Tuesday, August 19, 2008

She'll be fine

I've been having some anxiety about sending Roxy to school. I think she can handle school just fine, I worry about the bus. She seems so young to be getting herself to and from school alone. So in an effort to help prepare her, well me, last night I was helping her memorize my cell phone number.


Then came quiz time.


I asked her if she was lost and someone wanted to know her phone number so they could help her find her mom, what would she say?

"I'd tell them to back off". I'm not good enough with words to describe the way she said it, but believe me the stranger would back off.


Upon further discussion she realized I had said they were trying to help her, not hurt her. In which case she did know the right answer.

8 comments:

Matsby said...

I'm with you. My kid starts Kindergarten next week and I am also really worried. Really worried.

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad there are parents like you. I can't tell you how many teenagers come into our facility, not knowing any of their information. Ridiculous.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Too Funny! I found your blog through Pulispher Predelictions. I wanted to let you know that I smiled when I saw at the top of your blog "I have validation needs/issues so please, please De-lurk. Please" I couldn't have said it better myself (about myself of course) So this is me, letting you know that I was lurking. =D

Shot by blaine said...

when did you take that pic. of Roxy?

Just SO said...

I don't know that I could let my kid ride the bus. I have a girl starting Kindergarten as well. Thankfully we only live about 50 yards from the school grounds so I can step out my front door and watch her walk home. She has siblings to walk her to school. So does Roxy start on Monday? That's when my j starts.

Lorrie Veasey said...

I have been doing the same work with The Bananna. Except it kind of goes like this:

ME: What's Mommy's cell phone number?
HER: 911

Holdinator said...

Roxy is awesome. Teri, her preschool teacher (thanks for the number, btw) sure thinks so too. She said she missed her terribly this summer.

But seriously, Roxy is awesome.

The Morty's said...

I wish I knew what to say to help, but I would feel the same as you do. It can be said she will be ok, she is a smart, mature girl, she will do it like there is nothing to it and all the while you watch, your stomach all twisted, thinking she is not ready for this.

Ahhhh TJ I don't know what to say. Have some hugs girl.

Heck is for people that don't believe in gosh